My blog has moved! Redirecting... You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.lowhanyew.com and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Discoveries In Setting Up Website

Introduction:

I bought my domain at GoDaddy.
My domain host is DreamHost.

For more details on how I started, click here.

Discoveries:

1. When I create a folder in my FTP server, it become a directory.

E.g.
Let's name a domain example.com
ftp.example.com is the FTP server, where all my website's files are stored.

There exists a folder named "example.com" inside the server.
When I create a folder, e.g "about", inside "example.com", the URL of example.com/about/ will become valid. It will not show "Proxy Error" or "Not Found".

2. When I upload a index.html file unto any folder, it shows as the index of the page.

E.g. 
Particularly the "example.com" or "about" inside "example.com".

By default, without a index.html file in the folder, the directory simply shows a desolate page with the links to the parent directory and/or any sub-directory.

No comments:

Books I Read

Words of Hope Daily Devotional

Apple Hot News

Gibson Lifestyle

Apple Support - Most Recent GarageBand Articles